Moved by Voice: Awareness in Movement and Voice
The workshop is open to anyone with or without movement experience.
The number of participants is limited.
Sat&Sun: 11:00 – 16:00.
2 days 100 euros
DOCK 11, Kastanienallee 79, 10435 Berlin
21.+22.3.2020 DOCK 11 Saal 3
23.+24.5.2020 DOCK 11 Saal 2
20.+21.6.2020 DOCK 11 Saal 1
26.+27.9.2020 DOCK 11 Saal 3
Developing your ability to use and enjoy the movement and the voice.
Group and individual improvisation technics based on simplicity and pleasure.
Tools helping to unleash your creativity, unlock or soften what you are still holding.
Simplicity leads to clarity, to ease and pleasure,
pleasure allows you to move with less judgements,
less judging invites you toward more freedom.
The journey brings you to:
– sharpening your sens of space, time and rhythm.
– activate the senses in order to be more in the present time.
– thinking less to feel more.
– enhance feelings of freedom.
– developing creativity, positiveness and playfulness: self-empowerment.
– reducing negativity, self-judgement, criticizing patterns and stress or burn-out.
– develop the ability to feel compassion, to help others, to support, to give and receive.
If you are a dancer or if you don’t know how to move, if you are a singer or if you are afraid of your voice, if you are a cook, a mechanic, a wonderer, a wanderer, a musician, actor, please come and push the door with all willingness and curiosity.
* For Artists, performers,actors,dancers, the work aim to reset certain fundamentals of the actual being on stage. Relation to the audience, to the partners, to the space, a specific way to deal with a choreography, with a text. And of course it is about freedom on stage, freedom with one self.
« There is a space around us full of colours, shapes, sounds and of course, People.
There is a space in each of us for silence, poetry and beauty.
There is a beauty in offering, in sharing, in allowing ourselves to be touched and moved by our surrounding.
With playfulness and surrendering, we dim out the noise of the thoughts by letting go in the power of our senses.
We find ways to take down our mechanism of fear.
We switch between inner and outer awareness.
We step away from social conventions to softly fall into humanity.
Our Journey is a celebration of the encounter.
We will go for voicing rather than singing,
Moving rather than dancing,
Away from the fear of failing, the fear of falling,
Away from ideas of aesthetic or technics,
All for the sake of freeing, connecting and playing,
Playing a soft, honest and deep game.
Come and join,
with your desire of searching,
your curiosity and your doubts,
just as you are. »
[ Fee ]
[ Reservation ]
* Due to very limited number of participants, please reserve your seat beforehand at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Your reservation will be completed only after half or full amount of payment has been made.
* Payment with bank transferring, paypal and cash directly at the door are accepted.
[ Cancelation ]
In case you can not attend the journey, please find the replacement yourself as your spot is fully transferable. We try to do our best to fill your spot, but if we can not, please understand that no refunds will be given due to shortage of time. Thank you.
studied Musicology in Nice University, where he started to Dance.
He began his career as a professional dancer in Hannover with Frederic Flamand and since has worked with such choreographers as:
Daelik Hackenbrook, Mark Tompkins, Constanza Macras, Jeremy Wade, Iztok Kovaz, Ingo Reulecke, An Kaler.
Since 2008 Joris Camelin has worked amongst others with Meg Stuart (“Mauser”,”Do Animals Cry”) and Laurent Chetouane (Faust I, “tanzstück #4: leben wollen (zusammen)”, “Hommage an das Zaudern”,”Sacré Sacre”).
Between performing and body/movement research, he also participates in various improvisation performances in non-conventional locations such as public spaces or Museums (Kunst und ausstellungshalle-Bonn, Louvres-Paris,Festival ArtDanthe-Vanves, Collegium Hungaricum-Berlin, TanzFabrik-Berlin, medicin Museum-Copenhagen).
Workshops: Technischen Universität Berlin für Landschaftsarchitektur
Grotowski institute Wroclaw Poland.
TanzFabrik-Berlin, K3-Hamburg, Oslo International Acting Festival, Metodi Festival-Italy,
Toneelacademie-Maastricht, NISS Theatre School-Oslo,
Centre National de la Danse-Lyon,
Actors Coach: National Theater-Oslo, “Shakespeare Sonnets”. Schauspiel Stuttgart, Antigone(director Laurent Chetouane).
Mentor: Platform for Artistic Research-Köln 2015 and 2016.
Assistant dance Biennale di Venezia,”Gravities”(Laurent Chetouane)
Musicians coach: Solistenensemble Kaleidoskop, “Kaleidoskopville”.